27.2.13

MY FIRST FACIAL EXPERIENCE

I've never had a facial before. I'm used to my usual beauty routine of just using my favorite facial scrub, astringent, moisturizer. Sometimes I buy pore strips to remove whiteheads and blackheads around my nose and that's about as far of a facial I have done. My co-workers have been talking about having facials once a month and how nice their skin had become.

Curious, I decided to go for a facial. In the mall, there are a handful of establishments offering facials from simple cleaning to other complicated stuff like wraps and masks. Since it was my first time, I decided to go for the simplest (cleaning only). Apparently, 'Let's Face It' offers the cheapest facial starting at P245.00. It is a reasonable price for someone like me so I decided to go for it.



The good thing I've learned about having a facial (at least for this establishment, that is) is that I don't need to get an appointment to get a facial. I went there after office and saw a few people hoping to get  facial too. The session lasts for less than an hour and turn-around time was about 10 minutes before I was called to be serviced.

Despite the crowded look from the outside, the ambiance on the inside was pretty much okay. The set-up was quite constrained, having three beds in a row. These beds looked like the ones found in the dentist's clinic; white and narrow, except that these are flat and don't have arm rests. These have lamps on the sides (kind of like your dentist's chairs).

After laying down on one of the beds, the facial session started. It was a relaxing atmosphere with the soft instrumental at the background, and the dim lights inside. Though it was awkward to be sharing a room with  people laying on beds with their faces covered just like corpses, we were all a few feet apart from each other.

The first part of the facial was cleansing my face, probably with this sponge or something soft and foamy. After wiping it off, it was time to steam my face. The hot steam was not so bad at all but my nostrils got a facial too, lol. The painful part of the service was removing my blackheads and whiteheads. I have a pretty high tolerance to pain but my tears pretty much rolled out while the blackheads are extracted, especially around the nose area. It was pretty painful but it was all worth it when the esthetician  showed me a tissue almost filled with little piles on white pus she had extracted from my face! no wonder it was the most painful 15 minutes of the facial! It was totally worth the pain! One the nose pricking was done, it was time for the vacuum to do its job. Finally, a good amount of moisturizer was applied and the facial was done.

I was advised to wash my face in the morning. The esthetician also said that I had too many facial warts that needed to be removed. I'll probably take that advise though. I'll probably have my facial warts removed next month. I heard it would be not as painful as I thought it would be.

The overall experience for my first facial was pleasant. I'm definitely hooked to it. I washed my face this morning and noticed that my skin is smoother and has improved its appearance. Though I have a few warts sticking out, atleast my face undergone the general cleaning that it has been longing for in years. Though the esthetician discouraged me to do it every month, I think I will be getting facials quarterly. And I will be coming back to 'Let's Face It' soon to try their other services.


'Let's Face It' is located at 2nd floor SM City Pampanga
visit their website at http://www.letsfaceit-spalon.com/


No comments:

HAUNTED

HAUNTED
See more PHOTOGRAPHY ACCORDING TO ME