10.3.11

A FISHY SPA

My former professor and I already had an entire day of adventure under the hot Manila sun after visiting churches and historical landmarks. But our trip would not be complete without going to our last stop at the Manila Ocean Park to experience the famous fish spa. We could have entered the Oceanarium first but with our already limited budget and time, we decided to skip it and head straight to the third floor where the Fish Spa was.

The open area at the third floor of the park houses the huge rim of the water tank of the Oceanarium and if you're lucky, you get to see some sharks swimming by. There are food stands and kiddie rides too but the most breath-taking part of the top floor was the amazing view of the crystal waters of -----. The fish spa is at the right spot just about the corner overlooking the ocean and some parked ships along the dock.


SHALLOW POOLS HOUSE DOCTOR FISHES WHERE EVERYONE CAN SOAK THEIR FEET
WHILE ENJOYING THE AMAZING VIEW OF THE OCEAN OUTSIDE

With a fee of php 120.00 you can experience 20 minutes with the fish doctors. We went in line along other spa-goers as we waited or turn. The set up includes 2 shallow pools enough to fit around 40 people at the same time. From the low dividers surrounding the spa, we can see people giggling inside the fish spa while their feet are being nibbled by the fish When it was our turn, we were given handy towels and asked for our names so that they can call us when our time was up. After removing our shoes, we looked for a spot to dunk our feet into. As soon as we soaked our feet in the water, the doctors fishes started nibbling our feet away!


For a first-timer like me, it was more than a tingling sensation. I felt more like being tickled so bad that I couldn't stop giggling for the first 5 minutes or so. It was then than I noticed that we chose the pool with bigger doctor fishes in it so of course they nibbled pretty huge! It didn't take time before I got used to my feet getting nibbled so I eventually stopped giggling and just relaxed while chatting and enjoying the view of the ocean. I can also tell that the people sharing the pool with us were enjoying themselves as they also started giggling the moment they soaked their feet in the water. Then all of a sudden, you all burst into laughter with total strangers.

I could sit there for an hour more but of course the fishes would've nibbled my entire feet then haha! I can't wait to go back there!


OMG! THESE FISHES ARE HUGE!


No comments:

HAUNTED

HAUNTED
See more PHOTOGRAPHY ACCORDING TO ME